Join Our Team
Careers in ADRA focus on what we call the 3 C’s. If you are a connected, courageous, and compassionate professional, your dream job may be waiting for you here.
To find out what positions are currently available with ADRA Laos, listings will appear below.
Climate Change Officer
Project: Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Livelihoods Initiative (SARLI)
Location: Xiengkhouang Province
Application Deadline: Thursday 5pm, 2 February 2023
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) has been registered as an independent International INGO in Lao PDR since 1992 with a core focus to assist the most vulnerable by alleviating poverty through community driven development projects. ADRA Laos is connected to the ADRA Network which has 110 offices worldwide and operating without discrimination with regarding to ethnicity, gender, political or religious affiliation.
ADRA is seeking to recruit a Climate Change Officer for our project, Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Livelihoods Initiative (SARLI) based in Phonsavan, Xiengkhouang Province. The Climate Change Officer will perform a variety of technical and administrative functions including implementation, coordination, mobilization of farmer organisations, and deliver climate change adaptation and mitigation actions to increase their resiliency to climate change impacts on farming production.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, climate change, rural or community development, or relevant field of study
- Demonstrated professional experience of at least 3 years working with international development programs in mobilising communities and applying technical expertise, knowledge, and skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise and experience supporting farmers in agriculture and climate change initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working with government counterparts and multiple stakeholders to mobilise and implement project activities with solid understanding of Lao PDR agriculture systems, protocols, policies, practices, and participatory approaches to rural development
- Ability to work independently, plan, prioritise, solve problems, and make sound decisions
- Display a positive attitude and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in Lao language; with Khmu, Hmong and English language highly regarded
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
Only shortlisted Officer candidates will be contacted for interviews the week of 6 – 10 February 2023.
Applications should include
- Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria mentioned above
- Current CVs with 3 reliable references
To register your interest please email [email protected] or call 264 611 and request the full job description. Deadline for applications – Thursday 5pm, 2 February 2023. ADRA encourages qualified and experienced women, persons with disability, and people from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply.